The Princeton Club of New York is a private club located in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, New York. Its membership is composed almost entirely of alumni and faculty of Princeton University, which is located 40 miles (64 km) outside New York City in Princeton, New Jersey.
It was founded in 1866 as the Princeton Alumni Association of New York. It was re-organized in 1886 as the Princeton Club of New York, and later incorporated as a Club on December 12, 1899. The club had four homes before settling into its current clubhouse at 15 West 43rd Street in Manhattan in March 1963. During these years the club saw a steady expansion in the diversity of its membership. Cultural and ethnic diversity found steady growth, and as women joined the undergraduate body in increasing numbers, they also found a home at The Princeton Club. The Club is the largest organized body of Princetonians in the world and is truly the “Heart of Princeton in New York City.”
176 просмотров всего, 1 просмотров сегодня